Create and Share A Digital Binder of Your Paper Health Records
We all have a binder with our past health history or that of our loved ones. Now you can transfer that paper binder of personal health information (PHI) to a “Digital Binder” that goes with you everywhere with MitoAction Mobile.
Bookmark this post so you can refer back to it whenever you have to interact with your new Digital Binder.
Find Your Digital Binder
1 . From the Conversations home screen, find the one titled, “(Your First Name)’s PHI”. Tap into it and you will see text explaining that this is your space to add and share personal health information (PHI) files. Only you can see your PHI. When you’re ready, you can invite others to access your PHI.
2. To add items, scroll down to section called, Add Items to Your Digital Binder.
Create a Digital Binder for a Loved One
1. To create a digital binder of PHI for someone you’re caring for, press the “chat” icon in the lower right to create a new conversation.
2. By tapping the “+” button to Add to Conversation Group, select “Phone or Email” and enter YOUR email you used to create your MitoAction Mobile account. Tap “save”.
3 . Enter a Title: “Jane’s PHI” or similar (Jane would be the first name of your loved one). Adding an Image is optional.
4 . Tap “done” in the upper right corner.
Your digital binder for your loved one’s PHI is now ready! You will see it on your home screen with the Title you just entered. Now let’s start adding some items to your and your loved one’s PHI digital binders.
Add Items to PHI Digital Binder
From Your Mobile Phone (iOS or Android):
To get started, tap into your PHI digital binder or the one you created for your Loved One.
1 . Tap the “+” button in the lower left corner to show the media menu.
2. Tap the camera icon to add a photo or take a new photo. Tap “Choose Existing” to select an image from your Camera Roll or “Capture Image” to take a new picture.
3. Once you’ve added or taken the image, it appears in the message box. Type a description of the image. Use keywords like “labs” that will make it easy to search for the image later when you need it. Tap the “send” button (airplane).
4. View your item in your PHI Conversation. The image is saved on our HIPAA-compliant cloud server.
From Your Computer:
1. Go to https://careplanner.care3.co/messaging/ and log in using your MitoAction Mobile powered by Care3 credentials (email and password).
2. Click (select) your PHI digital binder or the one you set up for your Loved One.
3. In the right section, tap the “+” icon to reveal “add media” menu. Select “file upload”.
4. Then select the file you wish to add to your PHI Conversation and click the “Open” button.
4a. You can also drag and drop files directly from your computer’s directory into the PHI Conversation.
In the dialog box that appears, write a description of the file. Adding a description makes it easy to search and find later.
That’s it! Repeat these steps for every item you want to have with you everywhere you go. With MitoAction Mobile, you now have access to your personal health information from anywhere at anytime.
Invite Others to Your PHI Digital Binder
1 . To invite someone (family, friend, doctor, nurse, etc.) to your PHI Digital Binder, tap the “members” icon in the upper right corner.
2 . Tap the “add member” icon in the lower left corner. It’s the one with the “+” sign.
3 . Tap “Add to Conversation” and select from the menu how you’d like to add the member. Most people choose “Add E-mail of Phone Number”.
4 . Add the person’s email address OR phone number—or select from your Contacts—or select from an existing Care Team. Make sure you tap “History Access” or “Conversation History” to enable it. This means you give access to all files and information shared in your PHI digital binder to the person you invite.
5 . Tap “save” and an invitation is automatically sent!
Now you have invited someone to your PHI Digital Binder. You can also send text and media messages about your healthcare to the person you invited after they join.
Congratulations! You’re ready to get the most our of your PHI Digital Binder. Now go to the next QuickStart Guide to get the most out of MitoAction Mobile.