- Version 1.0.2
- Effective Date: August 3, 2015
- Updated: October 14, 2015; December 30, 2017.
Our Services and Website are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Website or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Website and the Services.
How We Collect Information.
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Services to you and helps us learn more about the use of the Website and/or Services. We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily at registration and in the course of your use of the Website and/or Services. To use our Services, we require you to create an “Account” by providing your email address and a password. Any information you choose to provide for our use should reflect how much you want other Users to know about you. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Website or Services you are able to use.
Our Services are designed to enable you to better communicate with others. As you use our Services and communicate with other users, you are welcome to share as much Personal Information that you think is necessary and appropriate. If you include Personal Information in such messages or communications, the recipients of those communications may receive that Personal Information and use it at their discretion. Please be thoughtful about the information that you include in the Services. Any information about a patient will be considered Personal Information of the patient, even if submitted by a member of the patient’s care team (with the understanding that such member may have additional rights independent of the Services). If you submit information about another individual, we rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and contact information as required above. You or the third party may contact us through https://www.care3.co/blog/contact to request the removal of this information from our database.
When you communicate with us by sending us an email, we will collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us. If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may collect, store and use that information. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device. Please contact your carrier for more information.
We collect the following types of Anonymous Information:
Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Website and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you certain information automatically and store it in log files, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements around the Website, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also called clear GIFs or web beacons. Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
Mobile Device. We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device's image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see "Your Choices" below.
Disclosure – Analytics. We may use third party tracking services to help us analyze how users use the App and Services. These services collect only the unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device, rather than your name or other personally identifying information, and use it to collect information such as how often users open the App and what features they use in the App. We only use this information to improve our App and Services. We do not combine the information generated thereby with your Personal Information and we do not associate you in any way with your device identifier. Only these services know and associate you (on a non-identifiable basis) with your identifier.
How We Use Information.
We will use your Personal Information to:
- Administer your Account;
- Provide you with Services and customer support;
- Tailor the features and content of the Services to you;
- Market our products and services and those of third parties to you that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Communicate with you about the Services.
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
We use the Anonymous Information we collect to analyze trends, administer and improve the Services, track users’ movements in the App, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the Log Files may be collected so that when you use the App again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
How We Disclose Information.
We may disclose certain Personal Information:
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, your Personal Information will be shared with the third parties that you authorize to receive such information, including other users with whom you wish to share information. This includes when you invite and/or authorize someone to become a member of your care team. By doing so, you consent to and authorize the disclosure of Personal Information to that individual, including health information and the emergency and medication lists of the loved one associated with that care team. As noted below, we cannot control how any member of your care team uses your Personal Information and we are not responsible for the acts or omissions of any such individual.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers that help us provide Services that we offer you.
We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
- Mobile Device. Certain features of the Services require access to your device's calendar and contacts applications. Although you may decide whether or not to use these features, on Android devices you grant us permission to access this feature as part of the installation process. If you later decide to revoke this permission, you can do so by following the standard uninstall process and removing the App from your device. Alternatively, on iOS devices, you can grant or revoke your consent at any time and prevent us from continuing to access your image storage applications by changing the settings on your device.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Account by contacting us. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your account may become deactivated, although your profile and any videos associated therewith will remain on the Services unless you have deleted them. We may also retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures. Certain information is necessary in order for us to provide the Services; therefore, if you delete such necessary information you may not be able to use the Services.
Controlling Your Information.
Information Disclosed to Third Parties